Student Assistance Services (SAS) is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation registered with the New York State Office of Charities Registration Bureau, and licensed by the New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services. SAS provides substance abuse prevention and early intervention services, programming, and training in schools, residential facilities, and communities primarily in Westchester County, New York.
The Student Assistance Services Corporation (SAS) was formed in 1985. Its core program, the Student Assistance Program was spun of from the Westchester County Department of Community Mental Health. Since that time, SAS has been providing substance abuse prevention and early intervention services, programming, and training in schools, residential facilities, and communities in Westchester County and neighboring areas. SAS has touched the lives of thousands, working with students, parents, teachers, human service professionals, community leaders, health care providers, business people and clergy.
Currently, SAS operates numerous programs including:
* Project SUCCESS (substance prevention in middle and high schools)
* Residential Student Assistance Program
* Planned Intervention Program to assist families in getting adolescents & young adults under the age of 21 into treatment
* Parenting Program (on substance abuse and bullying prevention)
* Employee Assistance Program (for non-profit agencies)
* Olweus Bullying Prevention Program & Consultation (for schools)
* The ROADD (Reduce Our Adolescent Drinking Drugging and Driving) Program for high school students
* Technical Assistance To Community Alcohol & Other Drug Prevention Coalitions
* Substance Abuse Awareness Program (for court-ordered youth who violate the alcohol and drug possession laws)
* Training for Professionals (on substance abuse and bullying prevention) Including Social Work Continuing Education